February 04, 2008

"DO NOT FORSAKE YOUR MOTHER'S TEACHING"

My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;

For length of days and long life
And peace they will add to you.

Let not mercy and truth forsake you;
Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart,

And so find favor and high esteem
In the sight of God and man.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;

In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil.

It will be health to your flesh,
And strength to your bones.



Proverbs 3:1-8


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, what I said was everything I learned good, about life, like my love for animals, and my love for history, knowledge, everything I learned I learned from you. There are thousands of sayings, talks, words said in anger, words said in love, thousands of whys and what for's that I have etched in my heart like a stone forever.

Mom, you know the Lord is going to get us thru this. It is a very honorable choice you are making about Grammy, and I have come to understand why. When she clawed at my arm and grasped it for dear life, saying, "I don't wanna go! I don't wanna go, Jim can take care of me," it kind of brought me into her head for that one moment. Imagine the TERROR. We have to assure her she is not going anywhere, mom. Imagine sitting in YOUR house and having YOUR family turn on you and put you "away". Then it's the END. She knows this. She wants to die in her OWN HOME.

As far as the Lord, all I can do is try to follow Him as closely as I can.


<3 Jim